The 20 teams participating in the NBA’s postseason are set. Now, we wait to see the final matchups.
With their win over the Cavaliers on Friday, the Wizards have secured a spot in the NBA’s play-in tournament and finalized the 20-team postseason field.
The exact seedings are still undetermined, as well as the final eight teams who will have to survive the play-in tournament to advance to the first round. The Wizards’ win eliminated the Bulls from contention in the Eastern Conference, while the Kings and Pelicans were eliminated earlier this week in the West.
In the East, the four teams competing in the play-in tournament are set, but the matchups could shift. The West is a bit more complicated, with the Trail Blazers and Lakers still battling for the No. 6 seed, while the other teams already secured a spot in the play-in tournament could alternate positions.
Check out the up-to-date postseason picture below, which will be updated as the situation evolves throughout the weekend:
- No. 1 — Philadelphia 76ers
- No. 2 — Brooklyn Nets
- No. 3 — Milwaukee Bucks
- No. 4 — New York Knicks
- No. 5 — Atlanta Hawks
- No. 6 — Miami Heat
- No. 7 — Boston Celtics
- No. 8 — Charlotte Hornets
- No. 9 — Washington Wizards
- No. 10 — Indiana Pacers
- No. 1 — Utah Jazz
- No. 2 — Phoenix Suns
- No. 3 — Denver Nuggets
- No. 4 — Los Angeles Clippers
- No. 5 — Dallas Mavericks
- No. 6 — Portland Trail Blazers
- No. 7 — Los Angeles Lakers
- No. 8 — Golden State Warriors
- No. 9 — Memphis Grizzlies
- No. 10 — San Antonio Spurs
More NBA Coverage:
- How Does the NBA Play-In Tournament Work?
- Daily Cover: Inside the Greatest NBA Scoring Title Race of All Time
- Space Jam 2: Don Cheadle Teases Michael Jordan Cameo